Thursday, July 31, 2008

Journey vs. Destination: The Perils of Road Head



It's hard to say no, but let's face it: a man's not gonna get where he's going when faced (that'srightiwentthereagain!) with that much sensation behind the wheel. We've seen it time and again.

History, entertainment, literature... Fellas, how many expensive cars and nasty babes do we have to destroy before we understand that when one part of our brains is turned on, another part is switched off.

"Oh yeah, just like that," will never be followed by "Hey, a red light."

"I'm so close! Oh I'm gonna tap that ass!" is never uttered in the same breath as, "That obstruction is pretty close. I better tap my breaks."

A "WHAT'S that?!" of dirty menace seldom doubles as a "What's THAT?" of caution.

I'm all for savoring the journey, but to me that means anticipating the destination; not having the destination bobbing on my weiner before I can appreciate it. I'd rather follow the rainbow and hope for a warm pot of gold at the end of it. I don't want to get there and find my prize money already spent. And people get hurt.

No comments: