Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Shall Overcome



I fear I've fallen prey to a sad truth: I'm speechless - at least where wisecracks are concerned. I had a lot more to say during the election, when I was complaining and busting balls. And for that, I'm mildly embarrassed... But then again, whatever.

It's with determination that I tell you I plan to rise above this feeling of joyous satisfaction. A blogger is judged by what he can build, not what he can neglect in favor of watching T.V. and masturbating.

We're at the dawn of a new age of responsibility; a time that calls for sacrifice, discipline, cooperation and most of all, a willingness to give back. The night was dark, but the sun is rising. No, risen...

With each death comes new life. With each heartbreak comes the possibility of a new love. Around the corner from each moment of disappointment is a brisk morning walk home - a load or two lighter with the taste of tits on the tongue.

We live in an incredible time. A time of hope... A time of change. A time of great challenges, but also great optimism. A time where someone whose father just found out what ipods are can create a podcast to be enjoyed by tens of friends...

I intend to do my part. For me, that doesn't mean building houses, volunteering at a soup kitchen, jerking off any less or buying squiggly light bulbs. No, I plan to rise to the challenge in my own way. I plan to take off my shoes. I plan to loosen my belt. I plan to get comfortable; a little too comfortable...

No comments: